Saturday, January 11, 2014

My sad DNA story

I ordered a mtDNA test from FTDNA and the lab received my specimen on 11 Jun 2013.  My results have been delayed four times.  My new projected date for completion is 29 Jan 2014.  I emailed FTDNA.  I have to say that the tech support person that emailed me back was just as nice as he could be.  He said that my sample failed.  They were going to run it again and it would be another 6 weeks.  They haven’t requested another sample and the tech said that they didn’t need one.  He did emphasize the fact that it was my specimen that was the problem.  So now I am asking myself, is there something inherently wrong with my DNA?  Hmmmmmm…..

Copyright © 2014 Michele Simmons Lewis

4 comments:

  1. Makes you wonder a bit, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really weird. I'm sure there is nothing wrong with your DNA and the error is on their end somehow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you take the spit test or the swab test? If you do need to retake it, you might ask for the other kind of test that you didn't take. Also, I transferred my test results from 23andMe to FTdna for $69 (rather than submitting a DNA sample to FTdna). I think now you can also transfer Ancestry.com results and have them tested at FTdna.
    Hope these ideas help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly don't remember. I have taken several DNA tests and I have swabbed and spit :)

      Delete