Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Woo hoo!

I just registered for Course 4: Writing and Publishing for Genealogists taught by Tom Jones at Samford University’s Institute of Genealogy and Historical Research (IGHR) in Birmingham, Alabama.  To say that I am thrilled to have gotten in the class would be the understatement of the century.  This class fills up within minutes so I was lucky to get into it at all.  This will be the first national level event that I have attended in my 23 years of genealogy research.

Not only will I be in a class taught by one of the absolute top genealogists in the world, I will get to meet genealogists that I have “known” for years but never actually met.  I am just sorry that I have to wait until June. 

Copyright © 2014 Michele Simmons Lewis

7 comments:

  1. Woo hoo right along with you Michele. Can't wait to hear all about it.

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I am actually there, I will be blogging about everything :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. um, you may be too busy to blog. There were many bloggers at SLIG last week, and how many wrote a daily post about SLIG? None. Several posted a summary after they got home. Just sayin'! The most important thing is to learn and stay up to speed...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Point well taken. Maybe I will take the week off from blogging completely and then jot a few notes so that I can write up something really nice when I get back :)

      Delete
    2. Reasonable point, Randy, but one SLIG attendee, Terry D. Prall, did blog daily. But more about his research :D

      http://tdpgenealogyblod.blogspot.com/2014/01/salt-lake-institute-slig-sunday-edition.html

      Delete
  4. You'll have a great time at Samford. It was my first time last year and I loved staying on campus and eating meals with so many wonderful genealogists. Randy's right, you want have time to write. I want to take Tom's class, too.

    ReplyDelete