Monday, June 30, 2014

My new adventure

National Institute for Genealogical Studies

The National Institute for Genealogical Studies (NIGS) and I have entered into a partnership and I am now an official blogger for them.  I will be taking some of their courses and as I go through them I will be blogging about the experience.  I will be talking about how the program works overall as well as describing and critiquing the individual courses.  NIGS is very confident of their program and they have given me complete control over the content of the blog posts.  I tend to be brutally honest and NIGS is aware of this Open-mouthed smile

To start with I will be taking all of the German courses that they offer.  Since I was born in Germany and I speak German I am in a good position to give a competent evaluation.  I am looking forward to the courses because I am not as strong as I would like to be with knowing the different German record sets and laws that affects vital records.  I also have very limited experience with German immigration.  The only German immigrants in my family are my mother, one of her first cousins and I.  The rest of my family is still over there both past and present.  I have always done mostly American research (my father was born in the US) so my German roots have been neglected.  I am hoping these courses will get me on the right track.

The posts will be on the NIGS blog and not on this one but I will be linking to them when I post in case you are interested in learning more about the courses and programs the NIGS offers.  The first course starts on July 7th so stay tuned.

 

Copyright © 2014 Michele Simmons Lewis

2 comments:

  1. I am currently taking courses through NIGS. It is going to be very interesting to hear your evaluation of some of these courses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful. Such an honor and congratulations!

    ReplyDelete