I was going to wait until tomorrow to post but I really miss the blog. So what have I been doing genealogy-wise for the past two weeks?
- I entered into a new partnership with the National Institute for Genealogical Studies (NIGS). I will tell you more about that in the next couple of days.
- I turned in my last ProGen assignment.
- I finished 3 1/2 out of 6 cases for the local version of the “Genealogy Roadshow.”
- I worked on 3 different presentations that I have coming up.
- I worked on a conflicting evidence case study.
- I finished my last two client reports. I only take on a very few private clients these days and now that these two reports are done I am not going to take on any more until at least after the first of the year because I have a lot of other things going on and something had to give.
- I watched three webinars on DNA from the Association of Professional Genealogists.
- I sent in four more DNA tests.
- I did a major cleanup of my office area.
- I went through all of my internet bookmarks looking for dead links and reorganized them.
- A German researcher sent me a gedcom of the research she has done on the Gläntzer/Glaentzer family and I have been working with it. I will be uploading it to FamilySearch’s Family Tree this week (with the creator’s permission). This is a very uncommon surname in Germany and I hoping getting the research out will bring in some new leads for both of us.
Tomorrow I will post a few pictures from IGHR 2014 and then over the next few days I will be highlighting some of the things I learned (many of which I am already putting into practice) and I will also tell you what is going on with the NIGS.
Copyright © 2014 Michele Simmons Lewis