Saturday, July 12, 2014

My subscriptions

I get quite a few emails asking me which paid genealogy sites I subscribe to.  People want to know which genealogy subscriptions are important before they invest any money.  I will give you my list but what is important to me and my research might not be as helpful to you and your research.   

Only four Smile  I would only have three but I need NewspaperArchive for one specific newspaper.  If GenealogyBank ever picks that one up I will drop Godfrey. 

I frequent a lot of freebie sites that are just as valuable to me.  Maybe I will do a list of my favorite freebies soon. 

 

Copyright © 2014 Michele Simmons Lewis

4 comments:

  1. I aslo subscribe to:
    Ancestrry (USA Only)
    Fold3
    Archives of the South Carolina Historical Newspapers through the Richland County Library
    Enjoy your postings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like the two of us are on the same page :)

      Delete
  2. Re: Godfrey . I am looking for a link that shows all their newspapers collections ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here is a link to the list of newspapers by state http://newspaperarchive.com/us-publications/

      Delete